Yardley United Methodist Church is active in many local, national, and global ministries. The Missions Team meets monthly to help plan, organize, and lead missions events. All are welcome to attend. For contact and other information contact us.
Discipleship and Welcoming Ministry
Ministry Activities and Events:
- Welcoming visitors to a warm and friendly environment
- Greeting the congregation at church services
- Conducting new member orientation classes and receptions
- Coordinating coffee hour and social times
- Tracking member and visitor attendance and their needs
- Visiting homes of visitors to provide information about our church and answer any questions they may have
- Displaying timely messages on the church sign
Missions and Service
Ministry Opportunities for all Members of our Congregation:
- Mission Committee members
- Work-day volunteers at the Trenton Soup Kitchen, the Red Cross Homeless Shelter, and Grace Cafe
- Mission trip participants
- Crew members to help with the Rummage Sale and Bike Rally
- Volunteers to carry out the Thanksgiving turkey collection
- Volunteers to facilitate the Christmas gift collection for the Bucks County Housing and the Red Cross Homeless Shelter
We sponsor two blood drives each year to help address the critical blood shortage in our area. In addition to blood donors, we need helpers to call and schedule donors, and to assist during the blood drive.
Twice a year, we provide volunteer staffing at the Buck County Emergency Homeless Shelter in Levittown, PA. We provide transportation, food preparation, help with children and youth, and organizing the storage room. We typically contribute over 100 man-hours of help per week.
Yardley UMC is one of the three founding churches of Interfaith Housing of Bucks County. We continue to support IHDC by helping to rehabilitate houses on four Saturdays each year.
Summer Mission Trip
Each summer, Yardley UMC sends a team of adults and youth to help perform home repairs for families in need in an impoverished area.
We sponsor a Morrisville apartment through the Bucks County Housing Group. These apartments help individuals and families make the transition from homelessness. We assist by maintaining the apartment between residents, and with donations of basic essentials to help each resident get back on their feet.
There is never a time when someone is not hungry. We donate non-perishable food throughout the year to the Bucks County Housing Group and Emergency Relief Association food pantries. Food donations may be left in the grocery cart in the church entrance. Volunteers are needed to help delivery these groceries.
The Trenton Area Soup Kitchen ( TASK) is a charitable non-profit organization whose mission is to respond to the needs of hungry people in the Trenton area by providing meals to all those who are hungry, providing services to encourage self-sufficiency and improve quality of life, informing the wider community of the needs of the hungry, and advocating for resources to meet these needs.
A group of church members volunteer at TASK on the second Wednesday of each month.
In November 2002, Yardley UMC began a new ministry to fund well projects in Zambia. Our first well project provided a reliable source of fresh water for Pemba. Subsequently, we have implemented numerous additional well projects.