What is Lent?
The season of Lent lasts 40 days set aside for reflection and Spiritual Growth.
40 is the number of days that Jesus spent in the wilderness, where he fasted,
prayed, and was tempted before he started his public ministry.
Just as Jesus had time apart from daily life, we can set aside this time to be
different than every other day.
We can take these 40 days to grow in our relationship with God, learn more
about faith and learn more about ourselves.
God was present with Jesus the whole time.
He wasn’t alone, and he was never abandoned.
God is present with us too during this holy season,
as we wander our own “wilderness.”
Reflect on these questions. . .
How do you want to grow spiritually during these 40 days of Lent?
Is there anything you would like to change?
What would you like to see different about yourself when Easter arrives?
How can you choose to grow closer in your relationship with
God over the next 40 days?
What can I use to help me through Lent?
1. This year, we are using a book "Pauses for Lent" by Trevor Hudson.
It's a great daily devotion for youth, young adults, adults and families.
2. You are encouraged to find someone to go through the Pauses for Lent book with together.
Connect weekly to discuss the words and these questions.
3. We are offering a book study on "Final words from the Cross" by Adam Hamilton.
This study is being offered on Tuesday evenings and Thursday afternoons in Lent. For more information go to our events page.
3. We are posting the word of the day from the book on our social media with reflection questions. (See picture)
4. Take a guided Prayer Walk by video or audio. (on this page)
You can walk the canal path (Black Rock Rd entrance) or be anywhere else! Take time, reflect and listen.